Area Sales Consultant - Northern Indiana
The Area Sales Consultant (ASC) position is responsible for the origination of new business by identifying customer prospects, developing solar energy proposals and executing all transactions required to consummate a sale and that meet the company sales goals for the area under the direct supervision of the Territory Sales Manager (TM). The ASC position requires direct customer interaction in order to manage the customer through the entire sales process and beyond ensuring superior customer service and referral opportunities. The position will primarily focus on agricultural and commercial business opportunities as well as rural residential. Geographic territory would be Northern Indiana, as defined by: The State of Indiana, North of US-70 when east of Indianapolis, North of US-74 when west of Indianapolis.
- Becoming an expert in the technical aspects of the product
- All sales processes and customer relations within the designated sales geography, including obtaining all signed agreements and payments.
- Conduct site surveys and assessments, gathering complete information to be used for proposals, interconnection agreements, local utility agreements, and other required applications and forms.
- Prepare and make sales and informational presentations directly for end users, focus groups, trade shows and related events representing the area.
- Developing and implementing plans for products and services that determine and meet customer requirements.
- Negotiate and close sales.
- Aggressively build a portfolio of long-term customers within the area.
- Interaction with the central office (President, Sales and Marketing, Technical Support, Finance and Construction teams)
- Participate in the company's strategic marketing, business development activities and development of creative ideas to increase customer awareness.
- Meet with and report to Territory Manager on a regular basis (as determined by Territory Manager)
- Ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and constructively with customers and other team members with disciplines both verbally and in written form.
- Must be able to complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret relevant industry codes / processes and understand products in a sales and administrative capacity
- Basic knowledge of the solar PV markets preferred.
- Must be able to represent Harvest Energy Solutions in a professional manner to owners, contractors, vendors, tradeshow attendees, and any other contacts outside the Harvest organization.
- Associate’s degree (or greater) in a relevant field preferred (engineering, math, physics, business, etc.).
- Excellent computer skills required including Microsoft Office suite, email etiquette and ability to learn design software.
- Willingness to pursue industry certifications and further education.
- Good driving record and able to spend a substantial amount of time on the road.