AREA SALES MANAGER – SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN
The Area Sales Manager (ASM) will essentially address new leads (some generated by corporate marketing efforts and some generated by ASM), generate and present proposals for solar energy projects, and follow up accordingly in order to close those sales.
The position is responsible for the origination of new business by identifying customer prospects, developing solar energy proposals and executing all transactions required to consummate a sale and that meet the company sales goals for the area. The ASM position requires direct customer interaction in order to manage the customer through the entire sales process and beyond ensuring superior customer service and referral opportunities. The position will primarily focus on farms and commercial businesses.
Area is defined as: Lower Peninsula of Michigan south of US-10, east of US-127, excluding Jackson County.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes, but not necessarily limited to the following:
• Becoming an expert in the technical, financial, and political aspects of solar energy.
• Becoming an expert in using strategic methods to sell this technical product to a customer that will benefit from it while effectively overcoming customer objections.
• Generating farm and business leads that are interested in solar energy options for their farm or business.
• Perform site assessments in order to properly make a recommendation regarding a solar project for different applications and scenarios.
• Being able to accurately do a preliminary financial analysis to determine economic feasibility of a solar project for a application/situation.
• Generating proposals and gathering information required for proposals in order to present to the customer.
• Regularly following up with leads and potential customers to generate more business and close sales.
• Following through with each project after a sale is made to ensure all details of the project are being properly coordinated and updating the customer accordingly.
• All payment collections from customers.
• Prepare and make sales and informational presentations directly for end users, focus groups, trade shows and related events representing the area.
• Evaluating competitiveness of products and services.
• Developing and implementing plans for products and services that determine and meet customer requirements.
• Assist with analyzing and planning of project costs and timelines
• Negotiate and close sales
• Aggressively build a portfolio of long-term customers within the area
• Interact with the central office (President, Sales and Marketing, Technical Support, Finance and Construction teams)
• Act as the primary contact for all customer needs in the area
• Participate in the company's strategic marketing and business development activities for new products, clients and/or services
• Develop creative ideas and coalitions to increase acceptance of products and help customers achieve their needs for renewable energy products
• Meet with and report to Territory Manager on a regular basis (as determined by Territory Manager)
• Ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
• The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required
• Must be able to communicate effectively and constructively with other team members and disciplines both verbally and in written form
• Must be able to complete assignments in a timely manner
• Demonstrated ability to interpret relevant industry codes / processes and understand products in a sales and administrative capacity
• Basic knowledge of the solar PV markets preferred
• Must be able to represent Harvest Solar in a professional manner to owners, contractors, vendors, tradeshow attendees, and any other contacts outside the Harvest Solar organization.
• Associate degree (or greater) in a relevant field preferred (engineering, math, physics, business, etc.)
• Excellent computer skills required including Microsoft Office suite, email etiquette, and design software
• Willingness to pursue industry certifications and further education
· Ability to close a sale.