Follow directions and training to build a solar array from initial customer contact through utility commission. Ability to work in a team environment to meet all schedule requirements. Maintain a safe and clean work environment throughout the installation process. Support problem solving and continuous improvement activities. Provide financial feedback and any other support required by the Solar Installation Manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (included but not limited to):
- Be an active team member in all areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost reduction and customer satisfaction.
- Follow all company rules, State and Federal regulations.
- Follow all instructions and assist other team members to install in a safe and productive manner while adhering to quality requirements.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area and jobsite.
- Follow and give feedback on training to safely install quality solar arrays.
- Help with inventories to ensure all necessary materials are on hand to install in a productive manner.
- Report all accidents to your Supervisor and complete required accident reports.
- Layout jobsites, operate equipment to bore holes or drive posts, pour concrete, fasten and level racking, mount solar panels, run wiring and test array output as trained by the Installation Manager.
- Assist Solar Installation Manager in training new employees as required to meet the needs of the installation schedule.
- Evaluate and give feedback for cost savings and process improvements.
- Be able to follow a load sheet and understand product weights for loading supply trailers.
- Follow basic AC and DC wiring diagrams for installing solar arrays.
- Give continuous improvement ideas to Installation Manager.
- Be proficient in the use of construction and electrical hand tools.
- Perform routine maintenance requirements on company owned equipment as directed.
- Ensure the Harvest reputation is properly represented by you, by wearing clean Harvest uniforms and personnel protective equipment.
WORK HOURS AND TRAVEL
- This is a full-time hourly position, overtime will be paid after 40 working hours per week. This position frequently requires long hours and weekend work to complete a jobsite. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out of the area and overnight travel will be expected. A per-diem allotment will be paid for overnight stays and meals when traveling.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- NABCEP Certification preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of Construction, Installation, and Quality Systems
- 2 years of AC and DC electrical installation experience
- Proven record of continuous improvement in Quality, Productivity, Safety and Housekeeping
- Basic understanding of and the ability to operate all job-related equipment, company owned and rented.
- Excellent analytic, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience complying with OHSA safety requirements and regulations
- Must have full range or mobility in upper and lower body; ability to work in various positions & environments, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift, pull and push materials and equipment weighing approximately 50 pounds on a frequent basis
- Hard working attitude
- Great attention to detail
- Good Attendance
- Extremely reliable
- Ability to obtain a Class A Commercial Driver’s License in the State of Michigan
Up to $25 per hour (based on experience)