Harvest Solar is currently in need of an experienced and skilled Electrician to join our team. The Successful candidate will be responsible for installing all electrical equipment for our solar jobs, problem solver, works well with others, customer service, and good communication with both office and customers. We offer competitive pay and invite licensed professionals who are looking for steady work to apply. We will provide additional solar training with our Master Electrician.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Service solar systems, troubleshoot electrical, internet.
- Perform a variety of electrical trade functions, such as: installation, maintenance or repair of equipment for the generation, distribution or utilization of electric energy.
- Install solar panels, inverters, monitoring systems, ground wires, mounting systems, and various solar related construction projects.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of SunPower equipment and specifications.
- Actively communicate with SunPower technical support to diagnose issues and create resolutions.
- Install/repair electrical equipment, such as: generators, motors, transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, heating units, conduit system, etc.
- Locate and diagnose trouble in the electrical system or equipment.
- Work standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment.
- Use a variety of electrician’s hand tools, measuring and testing instruments.
- Upgrading panels, install and service circuits, install conduit, wires, and cables, pull boxes and receptacles.
Harvest Solar is an authorized Commercial and Residential SunPower dealer. Harvest Solar offers the Opportunity for advancement.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
- Must hold a current and good standing Journeyman or Master Electrician License in the state of Michigan.
- Ability to get multi-state Electrician Certification (particularly OH, IN, IL, or KY)
- Knowledge and experience replacing residential electrical services and distribution panels.
- Knowledge of NEC Code requirements for low to high voltage.
- Knowledge of the Principles of Electrical Troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of NEC 2017
- Knowledge of switch gear, single phase, three phase, three phase motor winding and connections, electrical symbols, high voltage transformers, high voltage switch gear.
- Knowledge and skills for lighting and electrical troubleshooting and repair.
- Ability to use basic tools with hand generated torque.
- Able to work well on a team.
- Must have full range or mobility in upper and lower body; ability to work in various positions & environments, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift, pull and push materials and equipment weighing approximately 50 pounds on a frequent basis
- Ability to get a Class A Commercial Driver’s License in the State of Michigan
The potential employees work out of our Jackson headquarters, but travel in state and out of state.
Up to $38 per Hour (Based on Skills and Experience)