Solar Post Pounding Crew
Solar Installation/Construction Post Pounding Crew at Harvest Solar work alongside a crew of 4 to 6 Solar Installation/Construction Associates and Leaders to complete assigned projects. This position requires construction experience and access to reliable transportation. The ideal candidate will be capable of working with minimal oversight but be willing to follow directions closely. Additionally, candidate must be familiar with construction industry safety standards and procedures to ensure project security and the safety of all team members.
WAGES, WORK HOURS & TRAVEL EXPECTATIONS
This is a full-time hourly position. Wage is based on experience; overtime will be paid after 40 working hours per week only if approved by a supervisor and to meet the needs of each individual assigned job. The expectation is 10-12 hours per day as this position requires long hours to complete a job site. Candidate must have the ability to travel 100% of the time as needed to satisfy project completion. Jobs can be in State or out of State and weeklong travel is expected 100% of the time. Harvest pays for all overnight lodging and provides a daily per diem for meals when overnight stays are required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (included but not limited to):
· Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
· Climb to heights and conduct work with proper safety restraints.
· Lift heavy loads in excess of 50 pounds and navigate construction job site terrain.
· Dig pits, trenches and foundations in preparation for job site construction.
· Operate heavy machinery, including construction vehicles.
· Perform setup and cleanup tasks at job site.
· Direct traffic when necessary to ensure safety of pedestrians, motorists and work crew.
· Back-fill trenches and pits when necessary.
· Provide labor support as needed for specialty crew.
· Perform general maintenance of construction equipment and vehicles.
· Follow all instructions and assist other team members to install in a safe and productive manner while adhering to quality requirements.
· Maintain a clean, safe work area and job site.
· Help with inventories to ensure all necessary materials are on hand to install in a productive manner.
· Layout job sites, operate equipment to bore holes or drive posts, pour concrete, fasten and level racking, mount solar panels, run wiring and test array output as trained by the Installation Manager.
· Assist Solar Installation Manager in training new employees as required to meet the needs of the installation schedule.
· Be able to follow a load sheet and understand product weights for loading supply trailers.
· Follow basic AC and DC wiring diagrams for installing solar arrays.
· Ensure the Harvest reputation is properly represented by you, by wearing clean Harvest uniforms and personnel protective equipment.
· Provide at minimum 10 pictures of the Installation work/progress every day of the job to supervisor.
· Ensure proper reporting of all attendance issues, employee misconduct, injuries, and near misses to Director of Construction and the Human Resource Manager.
· Employee is responsible for providing all clothing needed to work in varying weather conditions. Items such as proper footwear, warm and cold weather clothing, and any other clothing item needed due to weather conditions.
· Perform all other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
· High school diploma/GED preferred
· 5+ years’ construction industry experience preferred
· Valid State Drivers License with the ability to obtain a CDL certification.
· Advanced understanding of construction principles and procedures
· Comfort working in high-stress environment with extreme weather fluctuations
· Must have full range or mobility in upper and lower body; ability to work in various positions & environments, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time
· Ability to lift, pull and push materials and equipment weighing approximately 50 pounds or more on a frequent basis.
· Must be willing and able to travel 100% of the time.
· Road Construction, Commercial Construction, setting grade, operating equipment, lay out grid, handle I Beams, Use a level, tape measure, and transit.
Harvest Solar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location: Jackson Michigan
Wages are Based on experience