Solar Project Manager
The ideal candidate will lead the Installation work force to meet all schedule requirements. Oversee and maintain a safe and clean work environment throughout the installation process. Oversee and provide leadership for the Installation personnel. Support problem solving and continuous improvement activities. Provide financial feedback and any other support required by the Director of Construction.
Wage, Work hours & Travel Expectations
Wage is based on experience. This is a full-time salary position, 40-60 hours per week. This position frequently requires long hours and weekend work to complete a jobsite. Travel is to be expected 100% of the time, a per diem food allowance will be given.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (included but not limited to):
· Lead by example in all areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost reduction and customer satisfaction.
· Enforce company rules and regulations, taking disciplinary action when necessary. Reporting all to the Director of Construction and HR.
· Instruct and assist employees to install in a safe and productive manner while adhering to quality requirements.
· Maintain a clean, safe work area and jobsite.
· Provide leadership in daily installation activities.
· Assist Director of Construction in scheduling the work force and installation projects.
· Ensure that employees are properly trained to safely install quality solar arrays.
· Ensure all necessary materials are on hand to install in a productive manner.
· Document all accidents and file required reports.
· Evaluate all probationary employees.
· Assist Director of Construction and HR in hiring employees as required to meet the needs of the installation schedule.
· Evaluate the new job packets for cost savings and process improvements.
· Ensure that customer and internal quality standards are achieved on new jobs and maintain properly documented evidence.
· Promote and maintain good customer and supplier relationships.
· Work with Purchasing Manager to order material/supplies in a timely manner and maintain appropriate inventory levels.
· Initiate continuous improvement methodology with installation team members.
· Key contact person for any issues with customers or suppliers while on a jobsite.
· Schedule and perform routine maintenance requirements on company owned equipment.
· You will be responsible to book hotels for your crew. Paid for by the Harvest Solar
· Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
· NABCEP Certified Installer
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Knowledge of Construction, Installation and Quality Systems.
· 2 years of AC and DC electrical installation experience.
· Proven record of continuous improvement in Quality, Productivity, Safety and Housekeeping.
· Basic understanding of and the ability to operate all job-related equipment, company owned and rented.
· Excellent leadership, analytic, organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to train, motivate and evaluate departmental personnel.
· Understanding of OSHA and other State and Federal Laws applicable to Solar Installation.
· Ability to handle and organize multi-task assignments with accuracy and in a timely manner.
· Must be able to obtain a valid and appropriate driver’s license (CDL) to maintain employment.
· Must have full range or mobility in upper and lower body; ability to work in various positions & environments, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time
· Ability to lift, pull and push materials and equipment weighing approximately 50 pounds on a frequent basis
· Professional appearance and excellent customer service
· Hard working attitude
· Great attention to detail
· Good Attendance
· Extremely reliable
Jackson Michigan Headquarters
Wage Based on Experience