Harvest Solar is seeking experienced electricians to join our team in Champaign, Illinois. Our install teams work Monday through Friday, NO WEEKENDS. A typical work week averages around 56 hours, with a maximum of 60 hours per week. Hotel costs are covered by the organization, along with travel to and from our installation sites along with a $50.00 daily per diem for overnight work. An additional $4.00/hour is paid when you have a commercial drivers license.
The salary range for this position is $89,000 to $120,000, commensurate with related knowledge, skills, and experience.
The Solar Electrician is a multi-faceted Electrician for solar photovoltaic (PV) installations. The Electrician will coordinate with the V.P. of Operations, work side by side with the Master Electrician and other crew members to install all photovoltaic (PV) system components while managing the installation of a fully functional photovoltaic system. The overall responsibility of the position is to work with field personnel to achieve completion of the project with the highest level of safety, quality, efficiency, education and conformance to the original plans and specifications. The Electrician must be a mechanically minded individual to work in the field installing residential and commercial grid-tied PV systems.
- Review project plans and drawings and ensure that the project is built according to design and local, state, and federal codes
- Pull permits using Illinois license credentials
- Oversee the Illinois “electrical apprentice” program including developing new associates and directing in the field, in alignment with company policy
- Work with crew members to complete projects within established policies and procedures
- Lead a project and crew on solar installations from start to finish
- Set up solar monitoring systems
- Maintain a high level of quality assurance and quality control with an emphasis on safety
- Diagnose and troubleshoot system malfunctions and operational issues
- Communicate with customers in a professional, considerate, and respectful manner, answering all questions and concerns to the best of your ability.
- May serve in the field in multiple capacities from management to general labor. Willingness to travel up to 100% and keep flexible work hours
- Other Duties as assigned