With thousands of customers, there is a growing need to formalize our service department. The purpose of this department is to respond to service requests for existing customers in an organized and professional fashion." We are seeking a Service Manager to oversee the department. This role reports to our Vice President of Operations located at our headquarters in Jackson, Michigan; it is an in-person role. Salary is commensurate with related knowledge, skills and experience, the pay range is $53,000 to 61,000.00 USD.
Purpose of Position
The Service Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day service operations for Harvest Solar in multiple states. This position will supervisor a team of service professionals including electricians, crew leaders and subcontractors. This position will be responsible for monthly metrics related to the activities, continuous improvement, and profit/loss of the service department. The successful candidate will provide leadership to the group and can motivate the team to do their best work every day. Good communication with customers and Harvest Solar internal departments to provide the best customer satisfaction possible is a must.
Major Responsibilities of Position
- Coordination of the service ticketing system.
- Working intimately in customer database to stay organized.
- Full understanding of active Harvest O&M contracts and managing duties that go along with servicing these solar systems.
- Tracking which historical solar system is under workmanship warranty.
- Determining if/when a service request is billable and working with the accounting department to manage paperwork.
- Coordinate the service needs with the Operations Manager to obtain assistance from the Crew Leaders/Electricians while in the required service area.
- Scheduling the work week to ensure that all jobs are completed in a timely manner while minimizing overtime costs.
- Training staff on safety and OSHA regulations.
- Maintain an expert level of knowledge in company products and services.
- Consistently provide excellent customer service, handling customer inquiries and complaints in a professional manner.
- ·Develop and implement strategies to improve service department call response performance.
- ·Collaborate with other departments to resolve customer issues.
- ·Coordinating with vendors to arrange for repairs or maintenance work when needed.
- ·Recommend process improvements to upper management.
- ·Supervisor a team of service professionals including electricians, crew leaders and subcontractors ensuring the team performs successfully.
- ·Conducts employee evaluations to ensure that the service team are performing their job duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- ·Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for customer monitoring with a checklist of questions and required system performance values.
- ·Develop an I-Auditor SOP for service department members to review each system while on site, reporting the findings and corrective actions. Other duties as assigned.
Educational and Certification Background
Associates degree in business management/administration; bachelor’s degree preferred.
Two to five years’ experience in electrical or service management and safety programs; experience in construction environment preferred.
Valid State Driver’s License: ability to obtain CDL certification preferred.
MIOSHA Certification, i.e., OSHA 30, etc., preferred.
- Ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to communicate effectively and constructively with other team members and customers both verbally and in written form.
- Working knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail, follow-up for results and basic problem-solving skills.
- Ability multi-task ensuring the work is completed effectively and efficiently.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.), email etiquette and ability to learn software.
- Ability to train, manage and evaluate the service staff.
To be considered for the position, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com