We are seeking a Training Coordinator to develop, implement and track progress on unique training courses and programs for our associates. This role reports to our Human Resources Department located at our headquarters in Jackson, Michigan; it is an in-person role. Salary is commensurate with related knowledge, skills and experience, the pay range is $48,000 to 52,000.00 USD.
Purpose of Position
The Training Coordinator will be responsible for developing, implementing, and tracking progress on unique training courses and programs for the company and its associates. Duties include collaborating with department heads and HR personnel to determine onboarding protocols, training needs, implementing training programs into company procedures, and reviewing data from previous training programs to determine their success in helping associates learn about the company or a particular skill. This position requires resilience, people skills, self‐motivation, persistence, accurately following protocol, and teamwork to be successful. Qualified candidates will be able to multi-task, prioritize, work well with the team, complete tasks efficiently, and be highly organized.
Major Responsibilities of Position
- Work as the hub of all training activities for the company.
- Create training schedules for all departments (construction, operations, warehouse, engineering, sales, admin), track and create reports on outcomes of all training and maintain training records for the company.
- Train new hires in company policies and procedures and use the best training methods for a specific purpose or audience.
- Gather and evaluate information from associates and management on previous training to identify weaknesses and areas that need additional training.
- Work with department heads on specific departmental needs regarding onboarding training, recurring training, industry certification pursuits, and further education inquiries.
- Report monthly to Director of HR and department heads on established training metrics
- Market company training opportunities to associates and provide information on benefits to encourage participation.
- Inform associates on scheduled training and track their progress.
- Recommend training materials and methods, order and maintain in-house training equipment and facilities and manage the budget set for training.
- Attend seminars and meetings to learn new training methods and techniques and use the knowledge to prepare and coordinate future training sessions.
- Availability to travel occasionally to attend industry events, recruiting events, training events, other Harvest locations, and tradeshows outside the normal workday hours.
- Willingness for continued education and learning.
- Professionally represent Harvest Solar as an ambassador to our vision, driving increased solar awareness.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to communicate effectively and constructively with other team members and disciplines both verbally and in written form.
- Working knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail, follow-up for results and basic problem-solving skills.
- Ability multi-task ensuring the work is completed effectively and efficiently.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.), email etiquette and ability to learn software.
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team.
To be considered for the position, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org